Tuesday 12 July 2011

RECIPE - Red Day Spicy Speed Soup

I've posted the standard Speed Soup recipe on here before, but that is only free if you're doing a Green or Extra Easy day. Recently I've been mixing things up and doing Red days as well, and I wanted a soup that would be free on all plans, whilst also containing lots of speed foods. I came up with this soup last night based on what was in my fridge, and didn't really expect much, however it's one of the best soups I've made (and what's more my non-dieting fiance agreed!). It's also very easy to make, and contains 9 speed ingredients.

It makes a lovely large pot, and can be frozen if necessary.

Ingredients
Half cabbage
2 onions
4 carrots
Half swede
1 green chilli
1 green pepper
5 radishes
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 sticks celery
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 chicken stock cubes
thumb size piece of grated ginger
50ml syn free orange squash (trust me on this!)
Salt & Pepper

Method
  1. Roughly chop all the vegetables and add to a large soup pot along with the garlic and ginger.
  2. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and enough water to cover the veg.
  3. Add the stock, orange squash and season.
  4. Cook for around 30 minutes, or until veg is all soft
  5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then blend.
  6. Gently reheat and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment