Sunday 24 July 2011

RECIPE - Mango & Grapefruit Salad

I tried this salad in a restaurant, and it was absolutely delicious, so I've recreated it at home. It's syn free on all plans, and contains lots of superfree food.

Ingredients
1 mango, peeled and sliced
1 grapefruit, cut into chunks
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
Large handful green beans
1/2 red onion, cut into strips
4 spring onions, finely chopped
Salt & Pepper
Balsamic Vinegar

Method
  1. Wash, trim and boil the green beans for 3 - 4 minutes, then run under cold water immediately to cool.
  2. Mix all the fruit and salad items together in a large serving bowl. Season to taste and drizzle with some balsamic vinegar.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have the patience. I'd just end up eating the fruit on its own. But it sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, when I'm making things like this half of it does get eaten as I'm assembling, but it is very worth it as it all goes lovely together!

    ReplyDelete