1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
2 carrots, cut into large chunks
half swede, cut into large chunks
2 leeks, thickly sliced
2 onions, quartered
1 tsp dried thyme
2 bay leaves
Salt & Pepper
1.2l chicken stock
- Spray a large baking tray (or 2 small trays) with fry light, add the chopped vegetables and herbs, and spray again with frylight.
- Tuck the bay leaves underneath the veg, and sprinkle over the thyme, salt & pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven until tender, for around 30 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to a large soup pan, along with the chicken stock. Simmer for around 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves carefully, blend until smooth then serve.