200g penne pasta (or any other pasta of your choice)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried chillies
175ml white wine
1 tsp sweetner
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Black pepper, fresh basil and parmesan to serve if desired
- Finely dice the onion and garlic, and fry over a low heat in some fry light for 5 minutes, or until the onions have softened slightly.
- Add the dried chillies and fry for a further 1 minute
- Add the wine, and let the volume of liquid reduce by half.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sweetner and balsamic vinegar. Cook for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime cook your pasta according to the instructions
- Before draining the pasta add a small cupful of the pasta water to the tomato sauce (I know this sounds mad, but it really helps bring everything together)
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce, stir, and cook for a further minute.
- Serve in pasta bowls, topped with black pepper, basil and some parmesan from your healthy extra A choice (if desired)