Tuesday 28 June 2011

Week 13 Weigh In

Once again, last night I was aiming to get my stone award. However, the weekend hadn't been great diet wise having been away for a night in Glasgow on Friday. There was lots of wine, a few crisps and a massive pig out at Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant involved, so I was worried. (But the food in Jamie's restaurant was really well worth the syn splurge - absolutely delicious!)

I was thrilled when I was told I'd lost 3lbs - not only getting my stone award, but also my club 10 award (for those not familiar with slimming world, club 10 is when you have lost 10% of your body weight). This was a massive boost for me, after feeling really disappointed at not losing the week before. I'd managed to keep myself on track despite the disappointment (aside from the aforementioned food!) and it had paid off. As an extra boost, I also got my first ever Slimmer of the Week award last night, so it really was a day full of shiny stickers!

As my consultant pointed out in class last night, over the last 3 weeks I've lost 6lbs - an average of 2lbs a week, which I'm really happy with. I'm really determined to try and keep this average up now and get my stone and a half award within the next 2 or 3 weeks (4.5lbs to go!).

Looking to this coming week, my main diet difficulty is going to the the Taste of Edinburgh event on Saturday afternoon. I go to this every year, and basically its a festival where a number of different local restaurants and local producers set up stalls either selling or giving away tasters of their food/drinks, and chefs do some demos. Its quite easy to eat and drink quite a few naughties, and afterwards I tend to end up getting a takeaway and drinking lots more wine! I want to enjoy myself, so I will be sampling what's on offer at the festival, however I'm planning on sticking to minimum syns the rest of the week. Also, I'm going to make sure I have a prepared curry and rice in the fridge on Saturday so that I just need to reheat it, rather than going for a takeaway. Hopefully all this will mean I can still achieve a loss next week.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Laura! I know you've been working really hard on this. Keep up the good work.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete