3 medium onions
3 cloves garlic
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 chicken stock cubes
- Roughly chop the onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- Spray a soup pot with frylight, put on the lowest heat and add the veg. Cover with a lid, and allow to sweat for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tins of chopped tomatoes, oregano, balsamic vinegar, stock cubes and boiling water. (I normally use a kettle full of water)
- Cook for about 30 minutes, remove from the heat
- Adding a chopped chilli in stage 1 will give the soup a lovely kick
- Adding a handful of basil leaves between stages 4 and 5 will make a delicious tomato and basil soup
- If you like it creamy, add a spoonful of fat free natural yogurt to your bowl and stir through