Leftovers from a roast chicken, or 2 chicken breasts (diced)
4 potatoes (I also sometimes use sweet potatoes or celeriac, or a combination)
4 - 6 carrots
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic
Pack sugarsnap peas (or sometimes babycorn or regular peas)
175ml white wine
50g red lentils
Sprig rosemary (or tsp dried rosemary if preferred)
2 bay leaves
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes, carrots, leeks and onion into bit sized chunks. Finely dice the garlic, chilli and rosemary
- Add to a large pot along with the chicken, wine and lentils. Add enough chicken stock to just cover the food. Add the bay leaves, rosemary and season well.
- Bring to the boil, cover and turn down to a simmer. Cook for around 35-40 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the sugarsnap peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking
- Serve and enjoy in a big bowl